Monday, June 2, 2008

A Post On Theological Education (But Applies to All)

I read this quick article titled, "How to Waste Your Theological Education."  I was ready to write it off because I am not currently in any sort of formal theological education, however I gave it a quick glance.  

Honestly, this post is for everyone!  Granted, there are a few things that do not apply to everyone, but there are some good suggestions. 

Here are a few that convicted me:

8. Practice misquoting and misrepresenting positions and ideas you don't agree with.  Be lazy and don't attempt to understand opposing views; instead, nurse your prejudices and exalt your opinions by superficial reading and listening.

23. Day dream about future opportunities to the point that you get nothing out of your current opportunity to learn God's Word.

Numbers 30, 32, 35, 40 were also great (in that they forced me to deal with my own inadequacies).

1 comments:

Lisa said...

good stuff. and glad to hear the trip went well.