Sunday, June 22, 2008

May 2008 Learning Point...Bible Reading Encouragement

Each month I write an email update to friends, family, and other people I have come in contact with throughout life. Towards the end of each of these letters, I include a section called the "Learning Points." Here is May's learning point.

Yesterday, I asked a friend, "what comes to mind when I say Bible?" His response was "a lot of pages." I can see his point. The Bible looks so big and intimidating. The natural conclusion for most is just not to even pick it up. However: when it comes to Bible reading, quality is more important than quantity.

What good is it to read through the entire Bible but not remember, understand, or have the ability to apply it? It is far better to properly study, pray about, contemplate, and apply five verses.

Try it! I challenge you to read John chapter 1 through chapter 3 over the next few weeks.

HT: Lisa Mathews (my sister-in-law)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

commenting on all your posts at once:
- yay for picture of josiah!
- haha about the indians
- love the gigantic rss button. or just love large buttons in general...