Saturday, June 4, 2005

The OC

Well, I am finally here in Ocean City, my home for the summer…(technically, I am currently flying on an airplane back home for my sister’s graduation, but who really cares about details.)

We arrived here on Wednesday night around 7:30. It was so sweet because we met up with three other cars in Pennsylvania, so we had this huge caravan of people through Philadelphia rush hour, which was definitely interesting.

Also, on that night, I was asked to emcee the first meetings tomorrow. Which were sweet and a lot of fun. I enjoyed doing it, although it was a bit nerve-racking speaking in front of people I really did not know at all. However, that quickly changed.

Over the past few days it is shocking to me how well I am remembering names and how much I have gotten to know people. It just seems like everyone is open and willing to share what is going on. This environment is totally me and I am excited to have that the rest of the summer.

I live in a place called the Ambassador’s Inn. It is four stories and 80 of us students live there. There are two other places on the same block that people live, they are called Grandmas and the Mansion. However, the Ambassador’s Inn is the main place. To explain a bit, Campus Crusade owns the Ambassador’s Inn. It is not a functioning hotel or anything. It doesn’t even look like a hotel. It is just sweet. If I can post some pictures somehow, I will.

I have already met some great people. I have met numerous Cubs fans and even two Bears fans!!! How exciting is that!!?? And there are still about 60 students to come to the project who go to quarter schools!!!

Some time the last few days have been spent trying to find a job. So far not luck in finding a coffee shop to work at, but I did apply to Ben and Jerry’s, which would be sweet to work at. So we will see what God has in store for me this summer as far as work goes.

Alright, that’s about all I am going to write for now. The OC is great. I am sure home will be fun too the next few days with my whole family for my sister’s graduation. Take care all.

0 comments: