Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A long time...

Folks, I apologize for not posting in a while. I have been in Ocean City for almost three weeks now and I am still attempting to get fully in gear. It seems as if each day brings so many new things that I cannot keep up. However, it has been pretty fun and exciting at the same time.

God is doing some sweet stuff out here. There are just some people I look up to so much already. The more I get to know some people, the more I respect them.

In addition, I have been able to find some great deals. A few of us walked into a store thinking it was a thrift store. It was not, but we did find the best deal in town. A 24 pack of Jones Soda 12 oz. bottles for $6. That comes to only a quarter a bottle for Jones Soda!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Then, on Sunday, we found this Chinese Restaurant down the block that has a lunch special for only $4.80 and so much food!! Ya, the deals have been great.

Lets see, I will be getting two new roommates this weekend. They both had to take summer school, I think, so they could not come until now. I am pretty excited because that will complete my Action Group.

For the first time since project started, I played sand volleyball next to the ocean. While it was sweet and all, the sand was not so good because there are so many shells in it. Unfortunately, some people got cut up and all, but there were some great games.

Like I said before, I work at Grate Bay Golf Course. My job is so sweet and laid back. I have never worked outdoors, but the time really does go by faster. My boss is really laid back along with all my coworkers. I have learned a lot of things and have made a few mistakes along the way too. Just today, I learned how to work the fairway mower, which is huge and sweet. It even has a speedometer that goes up to 10 mph. Which is pretty sweet for a lawn mower. My boss was like, “try to be careful, the thing is worth $40,000.” Are you joking me that is insane for a lawn mower!?!

Along with all that, the last week has been good. There are still so many people to meet and get to know. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to Philadelphia tomorrow to get a real Philly Cheese Steak. I will let you all know how that goes too!

That is it for now, I hope you are all doing well and would love to hear from you too! Ohh yea, if you wanted to send mail, my address is:

1301 Central Avenue
Ocean City, New Jersey 08226

Alright, that is it for now, take care!

0 comments: