Thursday, May 26, 2005

Perspective

Wow...it has kinda been a while since I have written...

For some reason, sometimes, I get some weird perspective that just makes me feel really serious and just wanting to share it with someone. I am not sure if that last sentence makes too much sense, but someone has to agree that at times you just realize something that just makes you sit back and think. I will try to explain the current situation.

So about a month ago or so my sister got in a car accident that totaled her car (don't worry, she is totally fine). Then, the day I was to move back from Minnesota, I found out the car I was supposed to take to Ocean City for the summer has been having some problems so the car wouldn't be very safe to drive long distances. The conclusion of all this: our family needs to get a car. But the car is ultimately going to be my sister's and mine for going to school next year, and by default, because I am older, it is more my car. Anyways, the point of all this jabbering is that my parents are going to be buying me a new car.

Alright, I know what you are thinking, wow, "you are so lucky!" And ya, I totally agree. I am blown away that my parents would just be like we need to get you a car, and lets make sure its kinda nice. They also gave me the freedom to research and find the best deal I thought possible for the car I want. While that sounds easy, it is really tough in a family of six who all have their different opinions and are not afraid to share it and impose it. If any of you know my family, you totally understand what I mean by that previous statement. At the same time, it is really cool to see that especially my oldest brother would take so much time out of his day to help me find a good car.

Anyways, I have been so blessed. But driving home today from my friends house, I realized the extent of this purchase. This may very well be the last car my parents will ever buy for me. And that statement alone leads my mind to wonder about so many other things. I know some of you may have been independent financially from your parents since you were 18. On the other hand, I am not independent. Now don't get me wrong, it is not like I just go out and spend my parent's money. But I started realizing that I do take that for granted and in just a few years I will have to start supporting myself. Wow, I cannot believe it. I feel like I am on this roller coaster ride that is going way to fast and I want it to slow down.

It kinda scares me to think that I will have to become fully independent in a very short period of time. I still am not even completely decided on a major, let alone figuring out where God wants me to be post-graduation! So now I think about something my dad and I were discussing over lunch today. How God is the same God that was there early in my life, and the same God that took me through high school and college. He never changes. To think about that right now is so reassuring and sweet. I know that God will be right there when I graduate and figure out what I need to do.

Well, I have been just rambling forever now about that one thing. I have had a great week. Last night I got the chance to meet up and talk to a girl from high school. It is so cool because I feel we have the coolest relationship because we can go on and not talk for a few months straight but sit down and have a two-hour conversation about serious issues. Anyways, I am totally blessed to have people like her in my life too!

Alright, that is all for now. Less than a week until OC!!!!

0 comments: