Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Back Home...

So I am officially back home in Kenosha..

My parents came and picked me up last Thursday afternoon and we were back home by night. It felt really good to be back. The sinks are deeper, the bathrooms bigger, and the toilet paper softer. It is the total package. Unfortunately I found out that I would not have a car once home because my sister totaled one and the other one was in the shop.

On Friday morning we flew to New York for an Engagement Party. Alright, I have been asked this a million times, why are you going to an engagement? Here is the low down. In the Indian Community, when someone gets married, they throw a huge engagement ceremony, usually at the bride's hometown. Then the wedding usually ends up at the groom's hometown. In this case, the bride was from New York and the groom was from Chicago. So my whole family flew to New York on Friday and flew back on Saturday afternoon. That's right, a total of about 23 hours in NY!

I finally got to meet up with some friends from high school on Sunday night. It was nice to see a lot of the guys again. I also met up with one my closest family friends. He has been one of the most influential people in my life and also our entire family. It was nice to get some advice on things that I had questions about and have a bit more clarity for the future.

Monday was so great because I finally just got to be plain out lazy. I slept until about 11:30 and basically roamed around the house all day. I did go out and cut the grass, which was pretty intense. Other than that, I was lucky enough to catch my sister's last Powder Puff game that was good but pretty boring. No one scored until the last play of the game with 14 seconds left on the clock. It was unbelievable (that’s not a good unbelievable either).

Over the last few days I have had the opportunity to hang out with my Appachen and Ammachi a whole lot (Grandpa and Grandma in English). It is such a blast just hanging out with them because they know so much. I made breakfast with my Ammachi this morning, which was such a good time. Banana, Chocolate Chip pancakes, always a big hit. Also, my grandparents filled me in on the way they grew up and how they ever came to be in the U.S. It is such a great story, truly a work of God. Just over the last few days, I have learned to appreciate how lucky I am to be where I am.

And finally, here is the biggest news of the week, if you already do not know. I am in a hunt for a NEW DIGITAL CAMERA! Yes, that is right. If you already do not know, I LOVE taking pictures and usually have my camera with me. However, the last few weeks of school I have been slacking because my camera has been acting up. So, my brothers said they would pitch in and help me get a new one. Wow, am I pumped. However, now I am on a frantic search to find the PERFECT camera. I don't know which one I want. Alright, for those of you who are digital camera savvy, here is what I am looking at. The Panasonic DMZ-FZ5, Olympus C-770 UZ, and the Kodak Z740. If any of you have any insight on these cameras in specific or the companies themselves, which would be great.

Other than that, I am meeting up with a few friends tonight for dinner. I am thinking about bringing my book of questions. For those of you who know about the book, you know that it is an instant good time. I cannot believe that two weeks from now I will be heading out to Ocean City!

0 comments: