Saturday, October 15, 2005

Huge Letdown

Well, as many of at this point know, the Gophers just had one of the worst football collapses. Up by 10 with two minutes to go, Minnesota had the game in the bag. However, huge disappointments on special teams negated that and they ended up losing by four.

Alright, right now the emotions I am feeling is just a huge disappointment and heartache. I cannot believe what I just saw. If you have no idea what I am talking about right now, go to espn.com and I am sure you can get a run down on what occurred.

However, I am sure many of Gopher fans exactly understand. But here is the parallel point for me. As a Christian, why do I not feel this deep of emotion for my Savior? Why do I not feel this deep sense of loss for people who are literally “losing” the game of life all around me? If you have no idea what I am talking about as far as “losing” the game of life, get a hold of me and I will let you know.

For those of you who go the U and understand what “losing” the game of life means, remember the emotion you are currently feeling after that unbelievable football loss. Do you feel that way about the eternal loss people all around us are destined too?

0 comments: