Thursday, July 7, 2005

Stuff

Well everyone, it has been a bit of a while since I have updated this form of communication.

The last few days have been a blessing in so many ways. Project is just challenging me in more ways then I have imagined. At the same time, I have been able to learn tons and gain good insight.

My parents came down on Monday just to see what Ocean City was like and get a better glimpse into what project is like. When they had to leave on Wednesday they were sad to go. Over the past two years, I have been realizing more and more how much I love them and how blessed I am to have two parents that truly love me no matter what and care so much about the spiritual side of my life.

Over the week, I have realized that I really do miss my family, especially my grandparents. At our local church, they do this thing called “Adopt-a-crusader.” Basically, a group of people in the church “adopt” a few of us on project and takes us out to eat a few times throughout the summer and what not. My “parents” are older and I love talking to each of them. They are so personable and wise. I miss my grandparents because they are the same way. So easy to have a conversation with and so open to listen and learn.

After the fireworks on July 4th, we played this game called “Buck, Buck.” Ok, I am going to try and explain it but I am bound to mess it up. First of all, a group of about five big guys get together, lock arms, and bend over. Then, they from the shape of a semi-circle or so. In the same way, a group o guys makes a layer in front of them of four. Then, with the people left over, they jump on top of the group of people. Ok, I know this sounds really dumb or whatever, but seriously, the game itself drew so many people to just watch. Alright, I know I did the game no justice.

Other than that, not too much has changed (which is a huge understatement!). I have definitely got a bunch darker and my hair is a bit longer. Alright, that is it for now.

0 comments: