Monday, July 25, 2005

So much to do, so little time

Well everyone, it seems like this past week was one of scheduled events at all times. With the responsibilities of my project job along with my normal job all paired up with the fact that I went home for the weekend equaled a week that was jam-packed. However, it was cool to see that everything worked out and how I needed to be flexible and accommodating.

This passed week I feel as if I have learned a lot and so many different things have happened. So here goes a random list of all that.
- One of my favorite and smartest cousins got married this weekend. It was cool to see how loving he was towards his wife at the wedding. This is often unusual to see at the actual wedding ceremony for Indian weddings.
- While I always knew this, I am unsure if I have actually ever said it. My brothers and I make a pretty great team. Somehow we all know when to take orders and give commands. We each have our own strengths and weaknesses that all work together.
- I love working with others who are humble. There is a guy named Jimmy at my church back home who is just an incredible team player but at the same time does so much. The amount of time he has invested in various activities is often unappreciated. However, I have never seen him make a big deal or commotion about anything.
- A blessing from God that I never really truly appreciated. A guy I know, John (or as I lovingly call him Dosha) is one of my best friends. We have known each other since birth. For me, he has been the example of the true Christian life through thick and thin. The things he has gone through and is still going through is challenging. However, he continually gives all the praise to God and lives a life according to God’s will.
- My family is loud. Not just my immediate parents, siblings, and grandparents. I am talking about my cousins from all over. A bunch of us were together on Saturday night, and wow, was it loud. It was so funny because I was in a completely different room of the house and I could hear every point of the conversation from every person. No person is a slouch in the area of decibel level. And you all wonder where I get it from!
- Ok, as an Apple fan and a person that is trying to get into video editing, this weekend was cash money! My brother got the new operating system for Mac’s, which is called Tiger. And then Jimmy hooked me up with Final Cut Pro HD. While those two things may not sound like much to most people. Let me try to make an analogy. For a person who loves basketball, it is like getting the best basketball court made for you to play on at all times and the newest and greatest pair of shoes to play with.
- One of my favorite things to do is to just sit down and have a good conversation. This week has been filled with them. I have just got to open up a lot to people at project and have been learning so much from many of them. I love the fact that I can be authentic to mostly everyone. At home, it was great to talk with my sister and brothers about many things that are going on.
- My sister is going to be in Frontier Hall next year.
- I am going to be in Frontier Hall next year.
- Weird but true. I am actually super excited for her to be there. I think we will have a great time and things will work out well. Our relationship over the past few years has been getting so much better and I thank God for that so much.
- Tylor Wagnor is a Community Advisor!! In Middlebrook!!!
- I need to have much more grace and humbleness in conversation. (I know this is a general one but it would not be nice to get into details)

Alright, this list is pretty long. That is it for now. Take care all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayy!! congrats on getting into frontier! that's awesome. :D see you in about a month!?

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read a new entry on your blog I realize more and more how proud I am of you! I can't believe how much you've grown up!

Love ya Josh!
Suj!

Anonymous said...

Josh Glad to hear all is well in Ocean City. Congrats on the CA gig at T-Hall that means we can hang out at training. Good luck for the rest of the seummer take care and God Bless.