Friday, July 15, 2005

Job + NY = Busy, yet Sweet

Well folks, I am now able to reveal my campus job.

I will be an action group leader. Basically that means I will lead my bible study each week and also disciple three guys for the next few weeks. While this means that I will be a bunch busier, it will be worth it. I cannot wait to “pour” into some of these guys and have them “pour” into me.

On Tuesday, I had the chance to go to New York. While it was a really great trip, it was a bit expensive. I guess that should be expected. We left OC at 6 in the morning and got there in only two hours. We took the Staton Island Ferry from SI to New York City. That was sweet because we saved a lot of money on parking and got to go by the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We went by Ground Zero and then took a taxi to the Empire State Building. The taxi was a big mistake because it was expensive and we could have just taken the subway. Anyways, once at the Empire State Building we went to a lower floor where Kings College is. It is a private university that was reopened in 1997 because Campus Crusade for Christ financially funded it. Because of this, they treat Crusade people well. Anyways, so a group of 11 of us go down to the admissions office of Kings College. We tell them who we are and all. Initially, they thought we were all high school students, but after a bit of an explanation well let them know that all we really want is a trip to the top of the building. Our “advisor,” Kim, was incredible. She was just so nice and willing to help us out even though we were not in the least bit interested in the university (although I must add the college was sweet). Well, she took all of us to the top with VIP passes. Each of these passes are worth $31 which meant we could cut the lines that were almost 3 hours long!! It was a bit funny because people were like “Hey buddy, lines back here!” and Kim would just flash her VIP card. I felt like a celebrity or something. Once at the top, it was so cool and better than the Sears Tower because you are standing outside seeing the entire city. Kim told us different areas of the city and it was so solid.

After that I was just pumped. We went on to Time Square which was cool but just had waaay to m any advertisements. In Time Square, I actually saw an Indian Fast-Foot place. Weird, but true. We ate lunch at Hello Deli. That is the place that is featured on David Letterman’s Late Night show. If you know Rupert, I saw Rupert, That is right folks. Anyways, the rest of the day, we went to Chinatown and Rockefeller Center.

Overall, the trip was great, but a bit expensive.

That is all ladies and gentleman for now. Take Care.

0 comments: