Friday, August 7, 2009

Two Years

Two years ago yesterday I received a phone call from my brother at 6:45 a.m. informing me that the Lord had taken my cousin and friend, Binil Samuel. The details of that morning are so clear:

Just getting out of the shower when the phone rang.
Standing next to my loft in a cramped university apartment.
Responding, "really?" That is all I could say.
Calling my sister.
Seeing a friend, receiving a hug.
Waiting for the bus.
Riding in a daze, realizing that the rest of the world thinks today is a normal day.

That day was anything but normal. Each day since has continued to be abnormal in the lives of many. In closing, I wanted to share a few links and a few quotes.

Binil's brother, Bijoy, has blogged twice in the last few days. His thoughts are authentic, difficult, yet hopeful in the Gospel.

Last year, I posted a few times about Binil. Watch his testimony or read my thoughts on John 11.

For today, I end with a quote:

Life is not joy above sorrow; life is a battle for joy in the midst of sorrow. --John Piper

0 comments: