Thursday, July 30, 2009

"All I Need"

My friend from undergrad wrote this song and shared it with me (so I wanted to share it with all of you, of course, with his permission). There are three reasons why I like this song:

1) It sings Scripture (Psalm 73 in this case).
2) It is simple, easy to remember, and easy to sing.
3) It leaves me at the Cross of Christ.

I quickly put the video together so you could hear the song (so please excuse the simplicity).



Lyrics:

V1:
When this world has proved, all it can do is lie and lead astray
When darkness comes, and all around my soul is giving way
Lord I’m prone to doubt, remind me how Your hand will not let go
I’m Yours forever more

Chorus:
Oh my heart and my flesh will fail me
But my God, You’re all, I ever need
You are my strength and my portion
You are everything, O Lord You carry me
My God You’re enough for me

V2:
When Satan speaks, and all I hear, is of my sin and shame
When all my thoughts, are telling me, the debt is mine to pay
I will lift my eyes, to look upon, the Lamb who died for me
He paid my penalty

Bridge:
It’s Your face I need to seek
To Your cross I need to cling
For You alone, You never change
And Your Word, it never fails
When all I know is fading away

By: Matthew Damico

0 comments: