Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankful?! I am blown away...

It being Thanksgiving and all, it is only proper to be thankful for some things. Hopefully the ones I list are a bit more unique then usual.

- I am thankful for silence. Maybe it is because I live in a residence hall where it is usually loud all the time, but I just love sitting at home right now and really having silence. There is just a peace about it that makes me calm and comfortable. But this is definitely not the only kind of silence I enjoy and have grown to love. How about the comfortable silence between two good friends or family that is not awkward or weird? That is beautiful.
- I am thankful for the cold. See, this is not because I love winter sports or the outdoors or even getting all bundled up (although I do enjoy that every once in a while). It is more so because the cold helps be appreciate the warmth that spring and summer bring. If I never knew any better then just warmth, I think I would just take it for granted.
- Speaking of feeling cold and warm, I am thankful that the Thanksgiving to New Years Season may be cold on the outside, but really warm on the inside. Let me explain. Like many, I love the Holiday season, and even though the weather is below freezing outside, the warmth that I feel inside is incredible. I love how God works like that to use opposites to blend together so well.
- I am thankful for the feeling of heartache of missing someone. That feeling of sentiment that a little part of you is left behind. Maybe that sounds weird, but for me, it truly shows the people that mean the most to me.
- I am so unbelievably thankful that Jesus loves me just the way I am. That I do not need to impress him with the things I have done or am doing to receive his unbelievable free gift of forgiveness and eternal life. I am sooo thankful that it has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with Him.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

0 comments: